Thursday, May 17, 2012

Stuff


I don't know what the universe is trying to tell me, but I've been sick for 2 weeks & I've had no voice for 3 days.  Try teaching music to 30 kids with no voice.  It's awesome.

Meanwhile, I've decided I have to get better at blogging in preparation for moving across the country.  So I figured out I've never put up pictures of anything I made.  Probably because I'm uber critical of them.  But anyway, this is what I aspire to be good at.

This is the blouse I finished a couple weeks ago.  The funny look on my face is a result of not expecting my face to appear in the picture.  The instructions to my husband were, "take a picture of the top to send to my mom.  Don't bother to get my face in it.  It's late & I look awful."  At least he got the top.





















I had no business going to the town art ball last week, but I went anyway - stag, since I so kindly shared my plague with my husband.  But the thing was, I made this for last year's art ball and then got sick and couldn't go.  So I didn't really care how I felt.  I made it out of an old bridesmaid outfit, and two dresses found at thrift stores.  It's based on Yvaine's dress from the movie Stardust.  The back still doesn't satisfy me though.  Here's the great part: a while ago I made an 1870-80s-ish corset and I decided to wear it since this is more or less a bustle dress and I wasn't planning to wear it long.  I'm not sure it got properly cinched & tied actually, since husband seems a little confused and hesitant.





















I also made part of my nephew's blessing outfit.  My mom made this adorable mini-suit and I supplied the vest and Uncle ChaCha-like (Indy's official uncle name - all the nieces call him that) bowtie:






















I also made some shoes with his initials:


Aaaaaaand gratuitous pictures of the nephew's cuteness:

Snuggles!
"Who the heck are you people??"
"Oh, okay, I'll humor you if you keep making faces like that..."

 



1 comment:

  1. More gratuitous cuteness!! Awesome job woman. You make me feel grossly untalented, and those clothes are so amazing I don't even care.

    ReplyDelete